Wednesday 4 September 2013

Life seems but a quick successions of busy nothings.



I'll be honest with you, for me a day spent exploring a new city, shopping with the family and enjoying what remains of the summer sunshine is pretty much my ideal day out. So it was with excitement that I set of yesterday morning to the wonderful city of bath, home of Jane Austen and some quite fabulous Roman swimming pools.


So after a quick coffee break which featured some very impressive almond croissants (no pictures though unfortunately) we embarked on what can only be described as the mother of all shopping trips, while my poor father (he loved it really) sat in all available chairs.

After having exhausted our purchasing power (my purse was now considerably lighter) and eaten our home made sandwiches in the glorious sunshine - thanks mum - we explored some of the city, taking in the wonderful buildings and historical architecture. It really is a beautiful city and I am incredibly envious of my friend who will be studying their next year!

As our day drew to a close and our feet began to pound after walking off our large coffee break we entered  the home of Jane Austen herself where my penchant for her era was well fulfilled by tea in their tea rooms.

Overall a lovely, if slightly exhausting day. Have you been anywhere lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment