Friday 16 August 2013

Nail it in 3 steps



After the last few days of stress - returning from holiday with a mountain of clothes to wash before I go away again, following up a number of work experience meetings and finally the exam results, I decided that today I needed a well earned rest. But what to do? After moping around the house for a while I remembered nail art something I haven't done for months since exams and school got in the way, meaning that while they are painted my nails are generally chipped and looking ever so slightly the worse for wear.

And so after a frantic search of my bedroom to find that box of nail varnishes (why is it always in the last place you look) I settled down to let my creative juices flowing. The following design is one I have seen recreated in a number of places but love because it is just so simple, so heres how I did it.



You will need: 3 different colour nail varnishes, 1 cocktail stick.

1. Paint each nail with a base coat and then 2 layer of colour (I used an old orange from boots 17 range)

2. With a smaller brush, if you have one or the regular brush if you don't, paint marks of a different colour (I used a peach of the same make which has again been discontinued) not taking to much care about how neat they are

3. Using a cocktail stick/toothpick and a darker colour again draw around the edges and Voila! your nails are done.

Do you know any simple nail designs? What do you do to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment